147 Beachview Ave., Pacifica, CA, 94044 • 415-225-2960 • email@example.com
Accomplished Visual Artist with over twenty years experience as a highly collected and award winning fine arts painter as well as ten years experience in the motion picture industry as a Senior Matte Painter on Academy Award winning films such as “Shrek.” Seeking an artistic positionwithin a highly creative, quality driven and team oriented enterprise dedicated to the creation of unique and important projects within which my skills and artistic talents are fully utilized and challenged to meet those goals.
• Software Expertise: Adobe CS5: Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver, Flash, Maya, Vue 8, Adobe Lightroom, Microsoft Office.
Mac OS and PC Windows platforms, knowledge of HTML and CSS.
• Digital Matte Painter & Background Painter: environment design and creation for feature animation and live action motion pictures.
• Digital image Editing and Compositing: create seamless and believable images in any required style.
• Photorealistic Painting and Drawing Skills with a strong understandiing of perspective, lighting, form, and texture.
• 2D and 3D Animated Film Production, including visual effects and post-production pipeline process.
• Leadership and project coordination.
• Art Director: an excellent eye for and content, color, lighting, and style continuity.
• Website Designer and site management.
• Instructor: Photoshop,digital matte painting, traditional art techniques including painting and drawing.
• Comprehensive Knowledge Art History, including painting, design, sculpture and architectural styles.
• Detail Oriented with Excellent Organizational Skills and ability to understand and follow instructions.
• Highly Self-Motivated and Pro-Active: able to work either as part of a team or independently.
ALBERT ART PRODUCTIONS, San Francisco, California
Professional Fine Artist
Established and grew a fine arts business through the creation, exhibition and sale of unique, highly realized photorealistic paintings.
Exhibiting artwork in many well-reviewed yearly solo shows and group shows in top art galleries and museums around the United States and internationally.
Represented by significant art galleries including George Billis Gallery in New York, Koplin Del Rio Gallery in Los Angeles, and Hespe Gallery in San Francisco.
Awarded grants for artistic excellence and achievement, including the Pollack-Krasner Foundation Grant.
ACADEMY OF ART UNIVERSITY, San Francisco, California
Digital Matte Painting Instructor
Responsible for guiding film students through the basic concepts and execution of digital matte paintings for motion pictures and video production using Photoshop to focus on pictorial composition, perspective, color matching, lighting, image editing and balancing, reference sampling and compositing.
BOWDOIN COLLEGE EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY CENTER, Brunswick, Maine
Assistant Web Designer
Designed and animated digital video animatics and illustrations of cellular bio-chemical processes for college based experimental interactive website project “Adaptive Learning” using Adobe Illustrator and Macromedia Director.
PDI/DREAMWORKS, SKG, Palo Alto, California
Senior Digital Matte Painter/Visual Development Artist
Responsible for designing and painting digital matte paintings for integration into 3-D animated motion pictures using Adobe Photoshop and other software. Contributed to the visual development and design processes for the look of the project using a variety of techniques including digital and traditional painting, photo compositing, drawing, and photography.
• “Shrek” Producer – Aron Warner; Directors – Vicky Jensen & Andrew Adamson.
• “Antz” Producers – Aron Warner &Brad Lewis; Directors – Tim Johnson & Eric Darnell.
• “Evolution” (in conjunction with Columbia pictures) Director Ivan Reitman; PDI Effects Producer – Richard Chuang.
• “The Road to Eldorado” Producers – Bonne Radford & Brooke Breton; Directors – Eric Bergeron & Don Paul.
DREAMWORKS, SKG, Los Angeles, California
Senior Background Painter/Visual Development Artist
Painted backgrounds for animated motion pictures in acrylic mediums. Contributed sketches and ideas to the visual development process of the film.
• “Prince of Egypt” Producers – Sandra Rabins & Penney Finkelman Cox; Directors – Brenda Chapman, Steve Hickner, & Simon Wells.
AMBLINMATION: A DIVISION OF UNIVERSAL PICTURES, London, England
Senior Background Painter/Visual Development Artist
Painted backgrounds for animated motion pictures in various mediums including oil, gouache, acrylic and watercolors. Introduced and experimented with oil techniques as an alternate medium in achieving desired style. Contributed to the visual development process for the overall design and look of the film.
• “Balto” Producer - Stephen Hickner; Director - Simon Wells.
• “We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story” Producer – Stephen Hickner; Director – Simon Wells.
AMERICAN FILM TECHNOLOGIES, INC., San Diego, California
Background Dept. Supervisor
Responsible for supervising a team of digital artists through the production of background paintings for Fox Television's experimental computer animated series "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes." Oversaw style, color and lighting continuity between artists and between various episodes of the series. Insured that production deadlines were met.
Provided support for the Color Designer of the chromatic scheme for black and white film colorization. Duties Included comprehensive shot breakdown, color keyframing of each shot, auxiliary color designing. Led the color production team in achieving production goals and assured quality control.
Bowdoin College, Brunswick, Maine
BA in Fine Arts/Liberal Arts